Feb 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Surprise

I promised I'd give my favorite Valentine's Day surprise..... so here it is....
8 YEARS AGO TODAY, THE HUSBAND ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM

Valentine's Day Engagement

Of course I said yes.... could you tell from the picture?  I look drunk and happy, but I was just really, really excited!  I was also in complete shock that he proposed, I didn't have any idea he had been planning such a special night.

It all started when he picked me up for our Valentine's date... he told me the evening was a surprise and wouldn't tell me where we were going.  I thought we were going out to a nice dinner, but he drove in circles all around Lynchburg Virginia (where we lived at the time) and kept driving right by the great restaurants.... I was so confused.  After a long drive, we ended up at the front door to his house.  When I walked inside, the lights were off and the living room was lit up with what seemed to be about a million candles.   It was beautiful.  He made a delicious dinner (ceasar salad and chicken parmesan), we ate and talked (and I had no idea he was about to propose).

Then he brought out dessert and because I like sweets so much he said he made me two desserts.  The first was a chocolate brownie sundae and then he brought out the second dessert....

Valentine's Day Engagement

... a box loaded with chocolates and a diamond ring resting in the middle.  I think I screamed.  Screamed again.  Then said YES!  Then took a lot of pictures (on my one-time use camera- sorry for the awful pictures).  Then called everyone we knew.

Valentine's Day Engagement

I think after all the excitement the husband wanted a ring?

Valentine's Day Engagement

It was an awesome night!

Valentine's Day Engagement

And the next day we were still celebrating (and busy eating all the leftover chocolate).

Valentine's Day Engagement

Eight years later, here we are (btw, it's much more challenging to take a picture of ourselves with three kids running around.... especially, a goofy boy who likes to constantly stick his face in front of the camera.  So this is take #582!).

Us

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day celebrating with people you love (and maybe even enjoy a special surprise!).

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! i love hearing engagement stories! and props to M for the creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day my lovely daughter and wonderful son in law ! Love you both !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.
    Impresscms.org
    Tku.edu.tw
    Marcolongo.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. Visit Site Visit Site Visit Site

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Gust.com
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Creator.wonderhowto.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...